I’m not a weekday breakfast person. I might have mentioned before that I am NOT a morning person, and that creates a bit of a…dysfunction to our morning routine. Further adding to the drama, Little. He is not a morning person either.
Y’all. To say our weekdays get off to a rocky start is an understatement.
But this is about breakfast. Or a lack of. I usually grab a package of Brown Sugar and Cinnamon poptarts on the way out the door, and around 9 am I heat them for 25 seconds in the microwave and enjoy a tasty little breakfast at my desk.
Until now, that is.
I ran across this brilliant little idea on The Book of Faces last week and decided to give it a whirl. And oh my goodness…it’s a keeper!
Disclaimer: this is not my photo. I borrowed it from the g00g1e.
I’m gonna give you some very loose instructions here, because there are a gazillion different ways to do this and it is really easy to customize this one.
- Prepare a muffin tin with cooking spray. This part is important.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Crumble cooked bacon and shredded cheese into each muffin cup. (This is where you get creative with other ingredients – veggies, hash browns, other meats…)
- Add scrambled egg mixture. (I just beat eggs and milk, salt, pepper and onion powder together.)
- Scramble an omelet mixture together with all your ingredients and pour into prepared muffin tin.
This g00g1er put hashbrowns in first and shaped them along the bottom and sides.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Eggs will be puffy and slightly brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes and remove from pan, using a knife around the edge to loosen if necessary.
You can eat these right away, or let them cool completely and store in the refrigerator in a closed container or baggie.
Another photo from the g00g1e. And this is just awesome. I need a new muffin tin.
This could not be any easier. I made them last night while dinner was cooking and have them ready to go. I noticed Big enjoying several this morning so it seems to be a hit with everyone!