Today is the 2017 Autumn Equinox… the first official day of Fall. And while thoughts of a wardrobe change, hot chocolate, Halloween candy, and a fire in the fireplace are all welcome, the thought of Winter approaching makes me cringe. And you weirdos that enjoy winter – shut up.
Winter = grey
Winter = cold
Winter = bears have the right idea (hibernation)
And since today is also Friday, how about a little list? A FIVE THINGS FRIDAY list!!!
But first, let me tell you five things about this Five Things Friday list (a Five Things two-fer!):
- I didn’t write it.
- I found it online. My thanks to Emily Shugerman with The Independent.
- I read it.
- Apparently, I need to seek professional advice. And really, are we surprised by that?
- It takes a serious look at Seasonal Affective Disorder and should you suffer from this, please take the advice given. I detest winter, I poke fun at my mild-to-moderate case of SAD, and I find that humor makes me feel better about it. But the truth is, the most common form of SAD – winter depression – targets about 4 to 6 percent of people. Another 10 to 20 percent may have mild SAD.
So here ya have it: Five Ways to Help You Beat the Winter Blues
- Try a light therapy box.
- I just googled this and wow! I’m so putting this on my Christmas wish list!
- Just get outside.
- Okay, but what if it’s cold out there? Stay inside under that light box.
- Pop some vitamin D.
- And what if you don’t like fatty fish or mushrooms? Light box.
- Hit the slopes.
- Exercise?!? L.I.G.H.T. B.O.X.
- Get help.
- Find a therapist with a light box in her office.
But hey, let’s don’t give a lot of thought to winter yet. It’s still in the 90’s here in central Arkansas, so I think I’m just going to continue to frolic in the sunshine as long as I can. I invite you to frolic along with me!